Addiction to drugs or alcohol affects many people, not just the addict. Families, friends, and employers suffer, too. A drug intervention program gives your loved one the structured opportunity to begin the changes necessary to start the treatment process. It often motivates someone to seek or accept help. An intervention should be carefully planned with the guidance of a licensed alcohol/drug counselor or an interventionist. The New Objectives Intervention Program helps families and friends coordinate with experienced interventionists in their area to plan this pivotal catalyst for change.
One of the goals of an intervention is to have the addict face their addiction in a non-confrontational setting, including having concerned loved ones share about how they have been affected by the addict’s usage. A well-planned intervention will offer a prearranged treatment option with clearly defined guidelines but will also convey exactly what each person will do and further consequences if the addict refuses to accept treatment. Done with the guidance of professionals, successful interventions show the substance abuser the consequences of their negative behaviors in a non-judgmental and supportive environment.
Licensed Professional Best To Lead Drug Addiction Intervention
It is highly recommended to complete drug addiction intervention with the help of licensed professionals, as a poorly planned intervention can leave the addict feeling attacked or more resistant to treatment. A licensed drug/alcohol counselor or interventionist is trained to work with the emotional reactions that may come from an intervention. It is especially important to consult a licensed interventionist if the substance abuser has a history of:
- Mental illness
- Poor impulse control
- Homicidal ideations
- Suicidal ideations
- Psychiatric hospitalizations
Specialists in the drug intervention program at New Objectives will help families determine the need for treatment and then lead them through the process.
New Objectives Drug Intervention Program Provides Specialists
The New Objectives drug intervention program will connect concerned loved ones with an interventionist in their area. The intervention specialist will help in the development of the intervention, including the following:
- Planning an effective intervention, not making it too simple or overly elaborate
- Planning the most appropriate time of intervention
- Educate family members about the disease of addiction to create a more comprehensive intervention team
- Maintain open communication with team members to ensure continuity
- Anticipate your loved one’s objectives and helping to formulate rational responses
- Helps to avoid confrontation by using a balance of love, respect, support and concern
- Keeps the intervention on track if the conversation is derailed
- Processes the intervention with all members involved, especially if it causes conflict, anger or resentments
- Quickly coordinates travel arrangements with the substance abuser and New Objectives to prevent the addict from changing their mind, denying the problem, going into hiding or beginning a dangerous binge
Please contact New Objectives today to begin the process of planning a successful drug addiction intervention for your loved one.
Follow these links to discover more about our Drug Treatment Programs:
Outpatient treatment program | Drug detox program | Drug intervention program
Women’s drug rehab | Men’s drug rehab | Co-occurring disorders treatment
Addiction treatment plan | Lgbt addiction treatment | Drug addiction family support